Mugs are one of those things that tend to pile up in your cupboard. You get one from a gift shop at a National Park, another at a holiday gift exchange, another at a craft fair. Like your stuffed animals when you were a kid, you take turns using each one cuz you kinda feel bad for them.
Until this one came along. This is the mug that you'll want to use every single day. Trust us. Live with others? Get a few. They'll want to use it, too.
Each mug ships with a paper band that, when opened, contains the East Fork story - a perfect gift!
- Shown here in Taro, Eggshell, Blue Ridge, Soapstone, Mars, and Thistle
- 5" H x 3.25" W
- 12 oz capacity
- Dishwasher, microwave and oven safe.
All of our work is made by hand, with minimally refined clay and glazed with small-batch, house-made glazes. Slight variations in size, shape, and surface should be expected and embraced. We hope you’ll find that these small idiosyncrasies lend your dinnerware depth and character; if you foresee any concerns when placing your order, please get in touch so that we can address them.
Hu-Kwa is the potters' staple post-lunch pick-me-up at the East Fork workshop. Lapsang Souchong is a smoky black tea, and Mark T. Wendell's Hu-Kwa variety "gains its distinctive flavor and smoky tang from the pine fires over which it is fired during the final drying process," creating a satisfying mellow cup for any time of day.
- From Mark T. Wendell
- Available in 4 oz. and 8 oz. tins (4 oz. shown here in hand)
- Brewing instructions: Bring cold, filtered water to a rolling boil (205-212° F). Using one rounded teaspoon of loose tea or one teabag for each cup required, pour the boiling water over the tea leaves. Allow your HU-KWA Tea to steep for 5-5 ½ minutes. Stir, and let the tea settle for about one-half minute. Once the ideal brewing time has been reached, the leaves should be removed to prevent further steeping. HU-KWA Tea is best appreciated when drunk clear. Milk or too much sugar compromises its delicate flavor. A little cream goes well but sugar should be used sparingly.
Coffee preparation: among the most iconic of daily rituals if not the most essential. Let yourself luxuriate in the process with this glass brewer from Yield. Double walled and heat-resistant, this guy will keep your freshly ground beans nice and hot without burning your fingers.
- From Yield
- Borosilicate glass
- Works with V60-style coffee filters
- 4.5x4.5" with a 4" diameter opening